These special Affiliate Program Terms and Conditions are in addition to the general Terms and Conditions of the network’s Affiliate program. These special Terms and Conditions also govern the obligations of Unify Hosting Affiliates.
The following T&Cs are defined for the purposes of this agreement between Unify Hosting and the Affiliate.
- Account: legitimate participation in the Unify Hosting Affiliate Program requires, pursuant to the registration by the Affiliate, full and accurate indication of the registered content – including indication of the primary domain and substantive description of the Affiliate website as applicable.
- Valid Click: a click is valid if a User on an Affiliate Program and is directed to the Unify Hosting Website. Determination of valid clicks is based on Unify Hosting transaction log system and verified by Unify Hosting with reasonable discretion.
- Valid Sale: A sale is valid when a User makes a valid click on the Unify Hosting website and voluntarily and knowingly buys contract products subject to charge. Valid sales are determined like valid clicks using Unify Hosting transaction log system and verified by Unify Hosting with reasonable discretion.
- Tracking link: Employed by the Unify Hosting Affiliate Program for use by the Affiliate such that the Affiliate may present content on his or her website, making reference to the Unify Hosting website. The link must be used exclusively by Affiliates in its unchanged form.
- Tracking Cookie: with a valid click on a tracking link, a tracking cookie is downloaded on the User’s computer if permitted by the browser settings. The tracking cookie contains information about the latest valid clicks and, through the Unify Hosting transaction log system, can be used to retroactively credit the valid sale of an Affiliate.
- Pay-per-sale Affiliate Program (pay per valid sale): by implementing a Unify Hosting Tracking Link on the Affiliate website and forwarding visitors from the Affiliate website to the Unify Hosting website via a valid click, thereby arranging the sale or use of Unify Hosting contract products, the Affiliate is entitled to payment corresponding to the current compensation table.
- User: any person who voluntarily and knowingly, without coercion or deception from the Affiliate or third-party compensation (with the exception of a Unify Hosting designated bonus system), visits the Affiliate website and subsequently, through a tracking link, the Unify Hosting website.
- Affiliate website: English-language webpages of the Affiliate, whose content is reviewed by Unify Hosting at the time of the Affiliate’s registration, located on the given or registered (main) domain or another domain or subdomain if content is identical to the designated main domain of the registered account.
- Unify Hosting website: is the specified URL pointed to by the Affiliate tracking link, under which Unify Hosting sells contract products and promotions online per the general terms of the Affiliate program.
3.1 Unify Hosting pays remuneration for Affiliate Services, the amount to be determined by the current compensation table of this agreement.
3.2 The remuneration referred to in the compensation table equals gross price, where applicable.
3.3 Multiple remunerations for contract products from pay systems other than the Unify Hosting are prohibited. Only net contracts where the contract is activated are considered eligible sales.
3.4 Unify Hosting determines the amount of compensation according to market conditions, with reasonable discretion. Changes in remuneration occur at the beginning of the calendar month with a prior notification period of two weeks. Contracts already in effect are excluded from the revised compensation rates.
3.5 A payment claim occurs when a contract generated through an Affiliate is carried out over a period of 31 days. Payment claim is possible only when the Customer provides payment to the Unify Hosting for contracted products for a period of 31 days (the minimum period). Previous periods (up to three months) where the Customer was released from, or credited for, the monthly fee, for example, as part of a promotion, are not counted towards the minimum payment period described here.
4.1 The placement of tracking cookies occurs only after a valid User clicks on a Unify Hosting advertisement which takes the User to the destination website through a hyperlink. Unify Hosting reserves the right to allow individually selected Affiliates exemption form the trading cookies. Any registration differing from this paragraph requires a separate written consent from Unify Hosting.
4.2 The duration of the tracking cookie is 30 days. Per the requirement of Section 4.1, a tracking cookie can only be overwritten by a new cookie (“last cookie wins2 logic).
6.1 The Affiliate is under obligation, using all technical possibilities, to design and present its website, including all entries in search engines, directories, and link lists, to third parties in such a way that only User clicks and/or valid sales are generated on the Unify Hosting website.
6.2 Unify Hosting provides the Affiliate with the required tracking links together with the URL of each page of the website. The Affiliate is not permitted to change the Unify Hosting provided HTML code or banner. The provided advertising materials may only be used on the websites of Affiliates. The use of this advertising in only permitted in connection with this agreement. Any disclosure of information or advertising to third parties is not permitted.
6.3 The linking of advertising material shall be allowed only on defined Unify Hosting landing sites (so called “landing pages”).
6.4 In addition to paragraph 6.2, the use of names, registered and unregistered trademarks, service marks and /or logos of Unify Hosting is generally permitted only if the Affiliate receives prior consent from Unify Hosting. In particular, the Affiliate is not permitted to use the brand called “Unify Hosting”, even in a modified spelling, as part of a domain or subdomain. The Affiliate is obligated to ensure its website does not violate intellectual property rights, including copyrights, as well as any applicable laws pertaining to date protection.
6.5 The use of the name, registered and unregistered trademarks, or service marks of Unify Hosting in search engine marketing is not permitted. The advertising of branded keyword “Unify Hosting” with the visible URL, other Unify Hosting business domains, and so-called “keyword typos” are not permitted. Moreover, it is not permitted to link directly from search ads to the Unify Hosting’ website.
6.6 Regarding the optimisation of his or her website, the Affiliate must comply with relevant guidelines of search engines, especially for pages that link to the landing page of the Unify Hosting Affiliate Program. Any techniques performed only for the purpose of improving the search engine ranking of the Affiliate website or which are misleading to the User, or which are of no use are prohibited. The uses of special hidden text or links, irrelevant keywords, unnecessary repetition of substantially identical content on multiple pages or under subdomains and domains, and “doorway pages” that are optimised for search engines (“cloaking”) are inadmissible in this context.
6.7 The sending of emails by the Affiliate with advertisements for Unify Hosting is permitted only in accordance with legal requirements.
6.8 The Affiliate is obligated to include a provider ID with business offers. The Affiliate is obligated to ensure its website is in accordance with all laws regarding consumer protection. Violence, sexually explicit or pornographic content, discriminatory statements and representations with respect to race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age are not allowed on the website of the Affiliate and/or in connection with participation in the Affiliate Program. In particular, advertising without permission on websites that distribute royalty-propriety content such as music or videos for example is prohibited. The design of the Affiliate website is not permitted to negatively affect the reputation of Unify Hosting or the reputation of its goods or services, brands, or business activities.
6.36.9 Unify Hosting is intent on conveying a clear brand image for its End Customers. The Affiliate is not permitted, without written consent from Unify Hosting, to tie in and/or combine Unify Hosting products with its own offers or offers from third parties and advertise or offer them as retail items to the End Customer.
6.10 An Affiliate is not permitted to load the Unify Hosting shop in an iFrame within its website.
6.11 The above provisions also apply to Affiliate referrals through links to thirdparty sites.
6.12 The Affiliate can place the tracking link for the Unify Hosting website on his or her website at any time in any number. Unify Hosting may, however, require Affiliates to change the placement of the tracking link if it affects the reputation of Unify Hosting business activities, goods or services, or the Unify Hosting brand name.
7.1 Unless otherwise provided for in this agreement or without written consent of the other party, all information which the collaborating parties contribute to this transaction, including the rules of the agreement, commercial and financial information, customer and vendor list date, and pricing and sales information, is treated as strictly confidential
7.2 Under this agreement, information gained about Customers/Users may only be used for billing purposes by Affiliates of Unify Hosting. Other uses, for marketing or sales purposes, are not permitted.
- Reviewed 11-2019